Hokkaido’s Sightseeing and Foods
Hakodate 4hrs and 22minutes by car. The beautiful night view and the morning market are famous.
Furano 2hrs and 2minutes by car. Famous for lavenders.
The lavender blossoms the best in middle to the bottom of July.
Asahikawa 1hr and 49minutes by car. Famous for the zoo and Japanese noodles.
Obihiro 3hrs by car. Pork bowls and hot springs are famous.
6hrs and 37 minutes by car. Confirmed as one of the best World Heritages as the nature is unbelievably beautiful.
Monbetsu 3hrs and 50minutes by car. Drifting ice is famous.
You can see the drifting ice from beginning of February to middle of March.
Wakkanai 5hrs and 14minutes by car.
Known as the most northern part of Japan.
＊All distances are from Sapporo, researched by Northern Road Navihttp://northern-road.jp/navi/. It was timed in summer time with no road restrictions of the winter season.
Hokkaido is famous for both farming and fishery. Experience why Hokkaido is considered to have the best food in Japan.
- In the activities at Hokkaido JaLS, we will take you to restaurants recommended by locals.
For more information click here http://www.visit-hokkaido.jp/for details.
Price of Sapporo Daily Life（sample）
|Sapporo Subways||One way 200Yen〜|
|JR Hokkaido Train||One way 160Yen〜|
|MacDonald’s (Big Mac Set)||630Yen|
An estimate total cost for a week
|Including all traffic fees, food, weekend activity fees||20,000Yen～40,000Yen|
Sapporo’s Climate & Seasons
Average Temperature & rainfall
Events in Sapporo and Clothing
Snow will start to melt, and you can feel that spring is almost coming.
In the mountains, snow still remains, so you can feel the winter too.
- Jouzankei Hot Springs Koinobori http://www.jouzankei.com/
- There is no need for a down jacket, but in the beginning, we prefer a wool coat and a spring coat in the second half.
Cherry Blossoms start in the first half of May.
You will see more green day by day, and walking outside gets comfortable everyday.
- Sapporo Riraku Festival http://www.sweb.co.jp/kanko/lilac/
- Long sleeve shirts and cardigans or a spring coat to prevent the wind is preferred.
A season of beautiful flowers and green.
Hokkaido doesn’t have a rainy season, so it is one of the best seasons of the year.
It is the flower season. The famous Furano lavender blossoms at the middle to the bottom of July. It is hot but dry and good weather.
Season of green. Many people go to a trip around Hokkaido this season.
It is great weather and a season to enjoy many outdoor activities.
Sapporo faces fall a little faster than Tokyo, and leaves start turning red in the mountains.
At the Autumn Festival, the best food from all around Hokkaido gather for people to simply enjoy great food.
- Sapporo Autumn Festival http://www.sapporo-autumnfest.jp/
- It gets chilly even in daytime, so you should have a cardigan.
Seasons of colored leaves. See the beautiful leaves while canoeing, or the taste of autumn food. There are activities to see and taste.
- Sapporo Autmn Festival http://www.sapporo-autumnfest.jp/
- You won’t need a winter coat, but you will need a jacket.
It especially gets cold at night, so you should have something like a stole.
Red and yellow leaves fall and the city heads for winter.
It already starts to snow, but not long lasting.
The city is lighted up with illumination and gets romantic.
In Christmas time, there will be lots of snow and a beautiful view.
Sapporo gets covered with snow, and you can enjoy the white view of the city.
Enjoy winter sports like ski and snowboards.
There is snow all over.
A beautiful winter season, and the famous Sapporo Snow Festival will be held.
- Sapporo Snow Festival http://www.snowfes.com/
- Warm coats and down jackets are needed.
The road gets slippery with ice, so you will need to put stoppers on the bottom of your shoes.
Snow still remains, but it will get a little warmer, and will be the last season to enjoy winter activities.
- Sapporo Moiwa Mountain Festival http://www.rinyu.co.jp/modules/pico02/
- You will still need a warm jacket and gloves, as well as stoles.