Autumn Course in Japan
Autumn Course Introduction
This October, let’s study Japanese whilst enjoying the spectacular autumn leaves and delicious seasonal food of the refreshing Hokkaido fall season!
Hokkaido is stunning at this time of year, and the changing colors of the fall leaves reach the north of the country before the rest of Japan. Reds, yellows and greens weave together in a beautiful vivid display that you can enjoy within the city of Sapporo itself, or through exploring the local countryside. This October, you can enjoy studying Japanese in a refreshing and comfortable climate, find the space to focus on your studies, and enjoy the many delicacies that Hokkaido has to offer in the autumn season.
* It is possible to begin on any Monday and graduate on any Friday.
* You can participate for as little as one week.
|Course Fee:||36,200 JPY per week|
|Levels:||Beginner – Advanced (All levels)|
|Time:||9:30 – 12:20
(Each day there are 3 x 50 minute Japanese lessons)
|Class size:||Maximum of 8 students|
Please check the detailed schedule for more information. Autumn Course pamphlet.
The Advantage of Sapporo in Autumn
Hokkaido is one of the most beautiful areas of Japan in the autumn season, and you can see the vivid reds, yellows and greens of fall leaves in many local places. Within Sapporo city itself, but also within the local countryside, the scenes are spectacular and attract visitors from all over the country.
The climate in Hokkaido autumn is also refreshing and cool. It’s the best season for many sports, activities and studies as the weather is cool enough to be active, yet still fine enough to spend long days outside.
The seasonal food in Hokkaido is also delicious! Hokkaido boasts many local seasonal ingredients in the autumn, such as local salmon, oyster, crab, potato, pumpkin and so many more!
There’s so much to choose from!
For more information on Hokkaido please go to the Hokkaido information page.
Japanese Lessons at Hokkaido JaLS.
In order to improve your Japanese conversational skills within a short period of time, we focus on three main areas – practice, speak and use! The classes at Hokkaido JaLS are designed for a maximum of 6 people in each class. This way, our teachers are able to coach our students individually, giving you plenty of chance to clarify doubts and practice Japanese. After class, students are encouraged to use Japanese actively out of school and on the streets of Sapporo!
Example of Japanese Lessons
Shopping in Japanese
1.Learning grammar and vocabulary in class
2.Using the new grammar and vocabulary while shopping!
Writing a report on popular restaurants and shops
1.Learn how to conduct an interview in Japanese
2. Interview people at the restaurant/shop
3. Write, draw, create a report!
Practice Japanese in cultural experience and activities
At Hokkaido JaLS, students get many chances to use Japanese outside of the classroom. Every day, we have a mini event for JaLS students, staff, students from local universities, and working adults from Sapporo to meet, interact and have fun together. It’s a great way for you to practice Japanese and make new friends!
We strongly encourage our short-term students to participate in the after-class activities. By speaking to our volunteers in Japanese, your language skills will advance rapidly and you will be able to enjoy speaking Japanese!
- ・Complimentary use of our café lounge
- Students who choose not to take part in after class activities are free to study in our café lounge. Teachers are available in the staff room to answer your questions. We hope this will aid you in your studies!
- ・Exchange session with local Japanese
- It is important to talk Japanese with the teachers, but if you get a chance to speak with other local Japanese, it is a good practice too. During your stay in Japan, Hokkaido JaLS’s exchange session will help you make friends with Japanese people.
- ・Free Japanese lessons
- Every week we offer free Japanese lessons. From conversation classes with Japanese locals to a place to practice kanji, the lessons are varied and lots of fun.
- ・More than 100 reference books available for your use
- If you have any questions during your self study time, please feel free to ask your teachers. We are more than happy to help you find the study method and materials that fit you best.